What is our Vision?
Our vision is to plant and establish a gospel-based church across Wirral, made up of local home groups. We desire to make and grow disciples, and to look forward to a new generation of homegrown leaders, by training and equipping them.
We are eager to reach the communities we live in and believe that the Gospel is the answer for the increasing needs we see around us, in particular in West Wirral; including, Moreton, Upton, Greasby, Irby, West Kirby and Pensby.
Our vision is to grow local home groups across Wirral that will become a network of healthy robust ‘family groups’ for everyone, where we will walk together in our everyday lives, through the mutual giving and receiving of genuine friendship and support as a part of our local communities. We want to be a people that live out the power of the gospel in our ordinary lives and tell others about it.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the Vision of Beacon Church please get in touch here.
What We Believe
We hold to the basis of faith outlined below from the Evangelical Alliance:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
Beacon Church is a mission outreach of Longcroft Church; an evangelical, non-denominational church in Barnston, Wirral that was started in the 1960s.
Longcroft Church has been looking to reach out in new ways and God spoke to the church to ‘expand’ (Isaiah 54:2; Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes). In response, Andrew White gathered those interested together and Beacon Church was birthed in 2019 and is now in the early stages of planting.
Since then we have gathered as a core team regularly over the past few months and sought for different ways to reach out to our local communities on Wirral.
We believe that Church is more than just a religious ritual reserved for Sunday mornings, in fact we believe that the Good News of Jesus Christ pervades all of our life, 24/7 and all through the week.
On Sundays we meet to sing and discover more about God’s individual plan for our own lives.
During the week we gather in home groups to study the Bible and share food together. This is a great place to ask questions and work through doubts as we try to understand more of the Bible in an inclusive, safe environment, understanding that we are all on a journey of faith. We are aiming to expand beyond our current home group as the Church grows, sharing the love of Jesus through the ordinariness of the everyday.
Want to know more?Why not join us on a Sunday? Interested in home groups? Get in touch with us!
Andrew is married to Heidi and has a grown-up son and two teenage daughters. He is the leader of Beacon Church. Andrew and Heidi have lived on Wirral since 2003.
In October 2019, sent by Longcroft Church, Barnston, Andrew and Heidi began a home group in their front room with a heart to see the people of the Wirral won for Jesus. He has been a member of Longcroft Church since 2007 serving on leadership teams and as a trustee for many years.